Thinking of having a puppy that wags its tails and runs to you joyfully at your every beck and call? Or, considering having that cute little ball of fur called a kitty running around playfully in your house? Considering going to the nearby pet shop to purchase one? Stop your pet search then and there, and think,”Why should I spend money on purchasing a pet once I have the choice of adopting one?”
Makes sense, right?
Well, as you will see, besides saving your bucks, adopting a pet includes tons of other advantages.
1. As stated earlier, pets for adoption generally cost less than the ones offered for sale in pet stores.
3. Pets offered for sale in pet stores are reared for the purpose of selling, keeping profit in mind as opposed to the health of the pets and are consequently, frequently sick and behaviorally troubled. Pets for adoption are not reared for commercial purposes. They are available for adoption because their previous owners had to give them up due to certain unfortunate reasons for which the animals aren’t responsible. Since, before being available for adoption, they had an owner who took good care of them, they are usually healthy and well behaved.
4. Pets for adoption come in every size, age, breed, and color and thus you get a wider variety to select from.
5. Most pet shop owners maintain the critters in dreadful conditions and the older female animals are treated as breeding machines. They’ve no real concern for these creatures. Without purchasing from them, you can feel self righteous as you haven’t given them a dime.
6. The majority of the older animals available as pets for adoption have already been vaccinated. So you don’t have to accept the additional task of getting them vaccinated.
7. By adopting a pet, not only are you giving it a house, but also you are helping provide shelter to another homeless creature which will be taken in, in place of the animal you’ve adopted.
8. Having an animal as a pet has been found to be psychologically and emotionally beneficial to their companions. Not only this. The feeling you’ve saved an animal by embracing it also gives you self-satisfaction and makes you feel proud of yourself.
10. Last of all, you can brag on your social circles around having adopted a pet!
Now that you are convinced about the benefits of adopting a pet, make a pet search online and find out the closest pet shelter from which you can embrace your pet.