Candles are so nice! And they light up whole of your surroundings so beautifully! Why don’t you try making candles ? You’ll just need a handful of supplies and it’s not at all messy!
Supplies Required for Candle Making
1. Wax – you can also use the plain white candles or crayons. However, if going proper manner, then get some paraffin wax, soy wax or beeswax.
2. Wax melter
3. Thermometer – Particular candle making thermometers are there and they’re just vital for candle making.
4. Mold – If not, then use any container, might be a glass, bowl or a tin.
5. Fragrant Oi l- if, of course, you need some aromatic candles. Its optional.
6. Dyes – optional, only if you want colorful candles.
Select the sort of wax for use. If beeswax, you don’t need to melt it. It is just wrapped around a wick and sealed using the thumb. If using soy or paraffin wax, then they have to be melted and double-boiled.
Put the wax melter in a pot half filled with water which should be kept on a burner with low-medium heat. Now set the wax pieces into the melter. When the wax melt, add dyes or fragrance. You can even place glitters to make a decorative candle. However, very little quantity of oil ought to be mixed( 1 tbsp or 1/4 of an ounce or 3% of the candles weight of oil for each pound of wax melted) otherwise, the candle will not burn properly.
Assess the temperature of the wax with the Support of the thermometer. For those who have chosen a mould of cardboard, plastic or glass, keep the temperature at 130 degrees Fahrenheit and whether the mould is made of some metal, then heat the wax up to 190 degrees Fahrenheit.
While the wax is in the process of melting, prepare the mould. You can do it even before you begin to melt down the wax- only prepare the mould beforehand- until the wax reaches the right temperature. For preparing it, keep the length of the wick 2 inches over the candle. Pass the wick through the hole in the bottom of the mold and fix it with putty. Tie the wick at the opposite end of the mold with something like a stick or a pencil.
Pour the wax into the mold. Allow the wax cool for at least 12 hours. Your home made candle is ready.
Hope you will enjoy the creative candle making experience!!