Israel is a beautiful country with rich history and its capital city, Jerusalem is regarded as the oldest city in the world. The country has a great deal of tourist attractions such as mosques, churches, shrines, traditional markets, etc.. Israel is also known for its beautiful natural scenic such as beautiful places that attract a lot of tourists throughout the year such as Tel Aviv, Dead Sea, Kibbutz, Carmel Mountain, Sea of Galilee, etc.. You may register yourself with Messianic tours to Israel and explore the country.
Here are 5 things you probably did not know about Israel:
• Israel has been at the forefront of major technological improvements in recent years. The development of the first cell phone was believed to have been done in Israel by Motorola which has its largest development center in the nation. The majority of the Windows NT operating system was developed by Microsoft-Israel, the Pentium MMX Chip technology was designed in Israel at Intel, and the voicemail technology was also developed in Israel.
• Israel is a pioneer in many fields including having the next highest rate of entrepreneurship in the world. It has the maximum number of women entrepreneurs and the Israeli youth are concentrated towards turning the stones in most arenas. The country has over 3,000 high-tech companies and start-ups. You may not know that Israel has the highest concentration of hi-tech businesses in the world after Silicon Valley.
• Israel has rich history that never fails to entice people from all around the world. Jerusalem is the official capital and is considered as a holy city to three religions of the world such as Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Jerusalem is also surrounded by stone walls built at Ottoman era. It contains numerous holy sites like the Western Wall, which is among the most visited tourist spot. The Jews frequently visit Dome of the Rock and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre too.
• Due the presence of multiple cultures in Israel, the country has a vibrant atmosphere. Diverse selection of cultural events and festivals take place in Israel all over the year. These cultural events are planned for catering the taste of different people. People from all around the world come to join these festivities in Israel. Some of the most popular events that you should never miss while you are in Israel are:
O The Voice of Music Festival in Galilee (summertime )
O International Klezmer Festival in Safed (summertime )
o Olive Festival (Galilee)
o Tour de Dead Sea
o Eilat Chamber Music Festival
o Haifa International Film Festival
o Jerusalem International Film Festival
• Jerusalem gets the world’s largest Holocaust museum, Yad Vashem which marks the memory of countless Jews who were killed during the World War II on the orders of Adolf Hitler just because they belonged to the religion. The museum is enlarged in a place of 45-acre complicated and also houses a historical museum, art exhibitions, synagogue, library, commemorative sites and more. It is Israel’s second most-visited site following the Western Wall.